A Healthy America is a Happy America! Happy 4th of July! July 04, 2016 17:06
We had this nutrient packed snack before grilling out later tonight. Chia Seeds contain complex carbohydrates that are absorbed slowly and metabolized over a long time so you feel satisfied for longer periods of time.
Keeping balanced levels of blood sugar is important for both health and energy. Both the gelling action of the seed, and it’s unique combination of soluble and insoluble fiber combine to slow down your body’s conversion of starches into sugars. If you eat chia with a meal, it will help you turn your food into constant, steady energy rather than a series of ups and downs that wear you out.
We also added a scoop of Creamy Vanilla Complete Whey Protein powder. Raw whey protein is an excellent source of cysteine, the precursor of Glutathione which is the most abundant anti-oxidant in the body that protects us from damage due to toxins and free radicals.
Fresh berries and walnuts finish out this SUPER FOOD recipe with added vitamins and anti-oxidants!
Chia Seed Pudding with fresh berries
8 oz. Homemade Almond Milk
1-2 scoops of Complete Whey Protein Creamy Vanilla Flavor
4 Tablespoons of chia seeds
dash of Ceylon cinnamon
if desired: 1-2 tsp. of xylitol if you want more sweetness
Instructions for Homemade Almond Milk:
1. Soak raw almonds in filtered water overnight
2. Rinse almonds
3. Blend with 8 oz. fresh filtered water
4. Strain out liquid from almond pulp (save the pulp for breakfast, sprinkle on fresh fruit)
Instructions for Chia Seed Pudding:
1. Combine the chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for at least 15 minutes or place overnight in the refrigerator ready for breakfast the next morning. The chia seeds will absorb the almond milk and swell creating a consistency much like tapioca pudding.
2. Stir in 2 scoops of Complete Whey Protein Creamy Vanilla Flavor
3. Add in xylitol if you want extra sweetness
4. Sprinkle with Ceylon cinnamon
5. Add in raw walnuts and raisins
6. Top with fresh blueberries and strawberries
Save big by stocking up! A 3-month supply comes with a 10% discount and the 6-month supply saves you 20% off. Not to mention major savings on shipping, too!