Healthier Homemade Snickers March 16, 2021 18:02
We love the taste of Snickers candy bars but don't like some of the things in the ingredients list such as sugar, corn syrup and artificial flavors. We made our own healthier version of the famous candy that tastes delicious!
1 bag of dates (The dates add a lovely caramel flavoring naturally!)
1 jar of almond butter or your favorite nut butter
1 cup of honey roasted peanuts
1 cup of cashews
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
12 oz. (one bar) of baking chocolate
1/2 cup of xylitol (a low glycemic sweetener)
sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt
1. Mix the nut butter, protein powder and nuts to form a batter. If you don't like peanuts or cashews, use your favorite nuts. The honey roasted peanuts tasted delicious in this mix!
2. Cut the dates open to butterfly them and fill with the nut butter protein batter. Press the dates back together to get ready for dipping.
3. Melt the coconut oil, baking chocolate and xylitol together in a pot.
4. Dip the dates into the melted chocolate to coat. Set on a drying rack.
5. Place the chocolate covered dates in the freezer to set.
6. Sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt before serving.
These healthier homemade bites make great snacks that are filled with high quality protein.