Homemade Peppermint Patties December 20, 2020 19:05
We love the fresh mint taste of peppermint patties, so we decided to make a healthier version of this famous treat filled with healthy fats, zero added sugar, whey protein and peppermint oil which helps with digestion!
We have a well-known store bought brand of chocolate mint ice cream in our freezer and these little treats taste even better than the ice cream!
Homemade Peppermint Patties
1 cup of melted coconut oil
1 can of coconut cream
3 Tbsp. of Xylitol or your favorite low-glycemic sweetener such as Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of pure peppermint oil (be careful because this stuff is potent)
Optional: Crushed Candy Cane pieces for garnish
Separately, in a double boiler:
Melt 85% dark chocolate with 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
1. Fill small cupcake papers halfway with the melted dark chocolate coconut oil
2. Add about 2 Tablespoons of the Coconut cream mixture on top of the chocolate to make a middle layer
3. Fill the rest of the cupcake paper with the dark chocolate mixture
4. Optional: Top with candy cane garnish or coconut flakes
5. Place in Freezer overnight
6. Enjoy as a snack or delicious dessert
You can even add these homemade peppermint patties to a cup of coffee in the morning for a delicious chocolate coconut cream peppermint flavoring.
If you don't have the patience for the homemade peppermint patties, just blend everything together and make a decadent peppermint chocolate mousse! Top with homemade whipped cream and crushed candy cane!
Save big by stocking up! A 3-month supply comes with a 10% discount and the 6-month supply saves you 20% off. Not to mention major savings on shipping, too!
We want to wish everyone Happy Holidays and we hope the New Year is Healthy and Thriving for you and your families!